“18 percent of the adult population in the United States suffered from some form of anxiety disorder in 2009. Almost 23 percent of these cases were classified as severe anxiety.”
Unchecked anxiety can lead to frustration and excessive worry. This not only affects adults but also teenagers as we all know that teenagers have a lot of problems to face everyday. So, it is very important to overcome this problem in order to increase our productivity in daily life. Let’s follow the tips below :
1.Do not multitask. Do not do many things at once if you cannot manage yourself in that way. Do the the job slowly if you have to. Sometimes, we push ourselves to the limits until we are tensed up.
2. Breathe well. Take a deep breathe and hold them for about five seconds and exhale slowly. The correct way to breathe is the same with the breathing pattern when you are almost asleep. Your stomach expand as you inhale and your stomach contract when you exhale. Do this several times per day especially whenever anxiety and worry strikes. Breathing well also can relax your mind.
3. Take action. Stop thinking too much about the negative outcomes. You must realise that there is no point of being so stressed out about the things that you have done. Instead, make the worries put you into ACTION.
4. Be positive. Write down all the good things in your life and smile about it. You can make a blog or journal entry to express your thoughts and who knows? People might help you.
5. Socialise. Stop keeping the thought in your mind. Go out and talk to people around you. It’s even better if you talk with positive people so that you can get positive feedback.
6. Brainstorm. Write down all your negative, unreal thoughts on a piece of paper. Then tear the paper apart and throw it into the dustbin. You can even burn it if you want but be careful not to burn yourself.
7. Be true. Get to know yourself better. Do not lie to yourself and thoughts. If you cannot do something, you might be better at something else more than anyone you know. Everyone is gifted with a special and unique ability. Appreciate them although other people cannot see your ability.
8. Believe in God. If you do not believe in God, you have to remember that God always believes in you. There is a reason for everything that happens to you even if you think it is a bad thing. What does not kill you, makes you stronger.